Download All Versions of SyncBack Touch Today
With SyncBackPro/SE and SyncBack Touch you're in control. There are no problems relating to locked files and administrator rights, and it comes with security built in.
Note that SyncBackPro and SyncBackSE support 2 connections to SyncBack Touch by default. You may purchase additional licenses to extend the number of SyncBack Touch connections.
If, after reading this article, you're still unsure about what SyncBack Touch is then this article on example uses may help.
An Overview of SyncBack Touch
SyncBack Touch is a cross-platform service (Windows, macOS and Android) that allows SyncBackPro and SyncBackSE to remotely access a device’s file system in order to perform backup/restore and sync operations.
Install SyncBack Touch on the device you want to access then create a profile on SyncBackPro/SE to copy files to and from that device. For example, backup all your photos as soon as your mobile device connects to your local Wi-Fi!
One of the great leaps forward with version seven is how both SyncBackPro and SyncBackSE can now connect with SyncBack Touch, and how this allows you to backup not only computers using the Window operating system, but also Apple macOS (iMac, MacBook Air, MacPro, MacBook Pro etc.) and Android (phones, tablets etc.):
• SyncBackPro and SyncBackSE ship with 2 FREE connections to SyncBack Touch!
• Installs on Windows, macOS and Android.
• Create and manage backup schedules directly within SyncBackPro or SyncBackSE.
• Centrally control access to all of your organization's endpoints (computers, laptops, mobile phones tablets or other devices running Windows, macOS or Android) by managing connection user names and passwords from within the SyncBack Management Service.
• The Windows version of SyncBack Touch uses the devices’ System Account so that it can backup even if a user is not logged on.
Let's take a look at some of the ways SyncBack Touch might help you.
SyncBack Touch In The Home
Let's say you have a family and that in addition to your Windows computer, there are several other devices in your home.
You've bought a license to use SyncBackSE to backup your home computer. Your partner uses an iMac so you download and install the macOS SyncBack Touch App. You've got a wi-fi network at home, and so you run SyncBack Touch on the iMac, then make a new backup profile to backup your iMac in SyncBackSE. Your kids also have an Android tablet so you download the SyncBack Touch App and presto - You backup that too - All for the price of a single license of SyncBackSE!
If you want to also backup your Android phones and other devices, you can purchase additional SyncBack Touch licenses to cover them.
SyncBack Touch At The Office
You're a business user and have Windows, macOS and Android devices. If you've only got Windows computers, that's fine too. You buy SyncBackPro to give you Cloud support and all the flexibility a professional backup solution delivers.
Your SyncBackPro license comes with two free connections to SyncBack Touch so you already have a network set up to backup three computers. You buy additional SyncBack Touch licenses that allow you to connect and backup all your business devices, and the beauty is: everything is managed from SyncBackPro.
Using SyncBack Touch
Note that SyncBack Touch requires SyncBackPro or SyncBackSE and will not work with SyncBackFree nor SyncBackLite.
Create a new Profile in SyncBackPro or SyncBackSE and select the Source (or Destination) as SyncBack Touch.
On the SyncBack Touch settings page (in the New Profile Wizard or when modifying your profile) click the Find button. By default SyncBack Touch installations require no username or password to access them.
Click the Test button on SyncBack Touch to verify.
You can change the security settings of SyncBack Touch on the device itself via the Settings menu. If SyncBack Touch is not on the same local network or it cannot be found, you can enter the IP address and port.
SyncBack Touch provides two types of security:
1. You can optionally set a password so that the connection to SyncBack Touch cannot be accessed via SyncBackPro/SE without the correct password.
2. When using SyncBackPro, you can configure it to use the SyncBack Management Service for validation.
SyncBack Touch For Android Users
If you have an Android device - perhaps a phone, pad or tablet take a look at the following as there are a few things you'll need to do to make sure things run smoothly.
You can download the check list above for reference of if you would like to print it out.
How To Enter Additional SyncBack Touch Licenses
To enter your SyncBack Touch serial numbers into SyncBackPro/SE:
1. Start SyncBackPro/SE
2. Select Help->SyncBack Touch Licenses from the main menu
3. Click the Add button and paste in, or type in, your SyncBack Touch serial number
If you are using SBMS (SyncBack Management Service) then you enter your SyncBack Touch serial numbers using the SBM Console:
1. Start the SBM Console
2. Login to your SBMS server
3. Select Service->Register Serial Numbers from the main menu
4. Click the Add button and paste in, or type in, your SyncBack Touch serial number