Support is only available for commercial licensees or by prior invitation. For freeware please visit the Forum. Read our Support Policy for the full details.
When submitting a Support Request for technical assistance please make sure you have done the following first:
- Take a look at the extensive Help file (within the program press F1 at any time for context sensitive help).
- An online version of the Help file is also available.
- Search our Knowledge Base to see if the question has already been asked and answered.
- Search the forums to see if someone else has asked the same question.
- You should also check to see if you are using the latest version of the program, and if not, update and test again.
- Which operating system you are using, e.g. Windows 10 64-bit
- Which version of the software you are using, e.g. SyncBackPro V220.127.116.11. Note that we do not provide technical support for our freeware, e.g. SyncBackFree, and SyncBackLite is limited to 30 days of support from date of purchase.
- Describe how to reproduce the problem. If we can reproduce the problem then it makes things much simpler.
- If your user interface is not in English then please change the language to English. This can be done via Preferences -> Language in the main menu. This will ensure the logs and error messages are in English, which is the only language in which we currently provide technical support.
- With SyncBack have it create a Support Zip file on your desktop containing the profile, its log files, and other information via Help -> Technical Support Wizard in the main menu. You can then attach that Support Zip file to the support ticket. Review This Article for more details
- If there are any error messages in the log file then copy and paste them into the support ticket. This is very important. Without knowing what the error is, we cannot help. If you use the Technical Support Wizard then there is generally no need to do this as the information will normally be in the Support Zip file.
- If any error messages appear on screen (for example, Windows error messages), state what the error message was. Better still, provide a screenshot: http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowledgebase/articles/211835-how-to-capture-a-screenshot-of-your-computer
- If the problem is with an FTP server, then state which kind of FTP server you are using. Try using another FTP client program, with the same FTP settings to see if it is a network or FTP server problem. It will also reduce the time it takes to resolve the problem if you attach the debug file (see This Article for details).
- If the problem is with emailing, then state which kind of email server you are using. Try using another email client program with the same email settings to see if it is a network or email server problem. It will also reduce the time it takes to resolve the problem if you attach the debug file (see This Article for details).
- Please remember that we can only work with the information you provide. If you provide little information then there is little we can do to resolve the problem.
If after reviewing the information above you require technical assistance, please Contact Support