SyncBack is in the task bar but I cannot see it on screen. Why?
First try the following:
- Find the SyncBack icon in the system tray (the icons that are listed next to the time, usually in the lower-right of the screen) and double-click it, or right-click on it and select Show from the pop-up menu.
If the window does not appear, but SyncBack is listed in the task bar at the bottom of the screen, the window may be appearing off-screen. This can happen, for example, if you previously had two monitors and the monitor that SyncBack was displayed on is no longer connected. To fix this go to the command prompt, go to the folder SyncBack is installed into, and enter:
If you are using SyncBackSE: syncbackse.exe -posresetIf you are using SyncBackPro: syncbackpro.exe -posreset
If you are using SyncBackFree: syncbackfree.exe -posreset
Then exit SyncBack and run it as per normal.
If you are using SyncBack V3 freeware:
- Close SyncBack
- In Windows click Start -> Run...
- Type regedit and press the OK button
- Navigate to the following key:
- On the right you’ll see lots of entries with names like FP_frmMain, FP_frmProfileSetup, etc.
- Delete all the entries that start with FP_
- Run SyncBack
If that still does not correct the problem check to make sure your display settings are correct in Windows. SyncBack will display windows on your main/default monitor.