How do I transfer/copy/move my profiles from one computer to another?
To transfer your profiles to another computer:
- On the computer with the profile(s) to transfer, run SyncBack
- Select the profile/s to transfer (or press Ctrl-A to select all visible profiles). Note that Ctrl-A or any equivalent mass-selection method (e.g, shift-clicking a 'range') won't select any hidden profiles, so make sure you expand all Groups first, so that the profiles inside are visible / selectable, if that's what you want.
- Select Profiles -> Export Profile from the main menu
- Save the profiles to a directory, or media, that the other computer can access, e.g. USB key, networked drive, etc.
- On the computer that you want to import the profiles, run SyncBack
- Select Profiles -> Import Profile from the main menu
- Choose the files previously exported
Note also that any Scheduled Tasks are included with the Exported profiles, but may not re-Import properly into the new machine (with problems with credentials being a favorite). If you have Scheduling problems, we recommend simply delete the Scheduled Tasks & re-create them on/via the new machine. Or, delete the Schedules from the old machine first before Exporting, then simply re-create them on the new machine after Import.
You should not attempt to import profiles from newer versions. For example, importing a SyncBackSE V8 profile into SyncBackSE V7 will likely fail. There is no problem importing profiles from older versions.
For SyncBackPro & SyncBackSE, you should Force Rescan on any Fast Backup profiles, and Clear History on any sync profiles unless you are absolutely sure the contents of the new Source and Destination are already exactly the same on the new PC as they were on the old PC. This is not applicable to SyncBackFree, which has no 'memory' included in any profile types
Bear in mind that paths (relative and/or absolute) may change radically between the old and new machines (especially if the respective versions of Windows are different). This can include de/selections and/or Filters, if used in your profiles. We cannot offer bespoke support reconciling such differences. If in doubt, we recommend you dispense with the old profiles and build new profiles in the new install to suit the new environment.