This article provides information about the error message A scheduled task could not be created! Access violation at address 005D27DB in module 'SyncBackSE.exe'. Read of address 00000000
Article DetailThis error occurs when trying to schedule a profile on Windows Vista. For SyncBackSE V4.1.0 and earlier you must manually create the profile:
- In Windows Vista select Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Task Scheduler
- The Task Scheduler window will appear (you may need to click the Continue button first)
- Click the Create Basic Task... item in the Actions frame on the right of the window
- Enter a Name, e.g. SyncBackSE My Profile Name, and an optional Description, then click the Next button
- Choose when the task should start, i.e. when the profile should run. For example, select Daily if you want the profile to run every day. After choosing click the Next button.
- Choose the time when the profile should be run and how often it should run, e.g. every day. After choosing click the Next button.
- Choose Start a program and click Next
- Click the Browse... button and navigate to the folder SyncBackSE is installed in, and choose SyncBackSE.exe
- For Add arguments (optional) enter the name of the profile you want to run, e.g. "My Profile". It is very important you enter the exact name of a profile and put double-quotes around the profile name. Click the Next button.
- Tick the Open the Properties dialog for this task when I click Finish checkbox and then click Next
- A new window will appear.
- If you want the profile to run whether you are logged in or not then select the Run whether user is logged on or not option
- Tick the Run with highest privileges checkbox. This is not always necessary, e.g. if you are not copying open/locked files.
- Optionally, go to the Conditions tab and tick the Wake the computer to run this task checkbox
- Optionally, go to the Settings tab and tick the Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed checkbox
- Click OK
- If you receive the error message "Error message: One or more of the specified arguments are not valid." then you must go to the General tab and either choose Run only when user is logged on or tick the Do not store password
checkbox. This has consequences on when the profile is run and if it
can run. For example, if you choose the "Do not store password" option
then you cannot backup to network drives. If you choose the option to
only run when logged in then you can but you must be logged in for the
profile to run at the scheduled time.
If you receive the error message "Error message: User account restriction error." then you must:
- In Windows Vista select Start -> Control Panel
- Switch to Class View (on the left)
- Double-click the Administrative Tools icon
- Double-click the Local Security Policy item
- Navigate to Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options
- Double-click the item Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only
- A window will appear. Select the item Disabled and click OK.
- Close the Local Security Policy window
Note that the profile will run at the scheduled time (assuming it was created correctly) even though it was created manually. You can delete the schedule from SyncBackSE. When choosing to edit a schedule in SyncBackSE you must manually navigate to the scheduled task and edit it.