Windows may display this error when an external drive is used that has caching enabled. It is recommend you disable caching on the external drive by performing these steps (the following instructions are for Windows XP):
Disclaimer: Windows XP is not officially supported. The below information is provided for reference purposes only.
- Go to Administrative Tools in the Control Panel
- Double-click Computer Management and navigate to Computer Management (Local) -> Storage -> Disk Management
- Right-click on the drive on the external drive shown in the Volume column and select Properties from the pop-up menu
- Go to the Hardware tab, select the drive from the list and click the Properties button
- Go to the Policies tab, select Optimize for quick removal, and click the OK button
- If you have other external drives you also want to change the settings for then repeat steps 4 and 5 for each drive